Applications are closed for Summer 2015 internships. Please check back for 2016. Thank you for your interest.
To change lives, transform our community, and renew the mainline church.
Role of Summer Internships at The Church of the Resurrection:
To identify and/or cultivate a call to ministry for the participant through hands-on experiences in a church setting.
We will do this by:
- Exposing the intern to excellent ministry work and leaders.
- Developing the intern’s leadership and ministry gifts thru interaction with key staff and volunteer leaders.
- Giving the intern equal opportunities to lead and be led. Duties will be chosen to give the intern opportunities to manage the details of programming and also to practice ministry, participating in many of the programs while serving in the department.
- Helping the intern grow in knowledge, faith, and maturity within a ministry setting.
As a Summer Intern at Church of the Resurrection, you will:
- Serve in a ministry department of interest and be given specific job responsibilities and goals. Possible ministry departments to serve in include: Youth, Children, Music, Matthew's Ministry (Special Needs), Missions, Adult Discipleship, Finance Congregational Care, Technical Worship Arts, Communications, and Satellite locations (Rez West, Downtown, Blue Springs).
- Have weekly meetings with your supervisor regarding the effectiveness of your work and to make sure the ministry is meeting your expectations.
- Attend a group orientation session at the beginning of your internship.
- Build community with fellow interns by participating in weekly group learning opportunities.
- Receive exposure to the church staff as a whole thru our weekly staff chapel gathering. Interns with pastoral interest will be encouraged to help with the planning and leadership of “Chapel” as part of a cross-departmental team responsible for developing content.
- Provide a short reflection paper at the conclusion of the summer that summarizes your experiences and articulates the status of your ministry call.
- Preferred candidates will have completed their freshman year of college or have at least one year of post-high school work experience.
- May be related to current staff members, but may not be supervised by that relative.
- Will not receive housing. However, the church may assist a candidate if needed with finding a host family for the 10 week internship period.
- Will work either full-time (40hrs/wk) or part-time (20hrs/wk) for a total of 10 weeks over the summer. Internships will begin on May 26, 2015 and will conclude during the first week of August.