Financial Care Coaching Ministry
Money and possessions are referenced in the Bible over 2,300 times! All of us who are becoming deeply committed Christians understand and appreciate that everything we have belongs to God, including our financial resources. However, the lack of good money management occasionally creates anxiety and distress that can negatively affect personal and family relationships. Other life circumstances, such as unemployment, illness or other crisis can sometimes bring to light our need for financial counsel and care.
If financial pressures are impacting you, you may benefit from the assistance of a Financial Care Coach. The mission of the Financial Care Coaching Ministry is to confidentially and with God’s grace assist those seeking financial counseling, restoring hope and peace to their lives.
When you return the confidential application, our Financial Care Coordinator will assign you a Financial Care Coach. Your Coach will meet with you up to four times and help you develop a personal, faith-based financial plan.
What to expect
The Church of the Resurrection’s Financial Care Coaching program will:
- Determine how to best help you resolve your concerns about your finances. This may include some or all of the following: Financial Peace University, one-on-one sessions with a Financial Care Coach, pastoral care with one of our Congregational Care pastors, financial assistance, and/or a referral to counseling and other resources.
- Confidentially review and discuss your personal financial position regarding income, existing debt and monthly spending
- Help you identify where your money is spent, and guide you in developing a disciplined monthly spending plan
- "Coach" you as you develop focused short and long-term action plans to eliminate or minimize existing financial concerns and create a practical plan for moving forward
- Work as part of the Congregational Care team to address all the aspects of your life that are impacted by your financial situation, and those that have an effect on your finances.
Our Financial Care Coaching program will not:
- Immediately resolve all of your financial problems and concerns
- Provide quick fix solutions to situations that may have taken several years to develop
- Guarantee future financial success
- Give advice regarding investment, estate planning, taxes or legal matters.
How do I start?
If you have questions or concerns about how to handle financial resources, we are available to help. This service is provided as part of comprehensive Congregational Care, and includes a required meeting with your Congregational Care Pastor. Please make this appointment as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com or calling 913-544-0707. Then fill out the Financial Care Request Form. You will be contacted by your financial care coach as soon as possible following your meeting with your pastor.
If you have any questions about the application or the Financial Coaching Ministry, please email Jennifer Creagar or call 913-544-0739.